Macomb, Oakland and St. Clair Counties
- Do a general clean-up of the floor (toys, clothes, etc…). This includes closet floors as well as under beds and other furniture.
- On the day of service, thoroughly vacuum all floor surfaces and furniture. Seal vacuum contents in double plastic bags and discard outside immediately.
- Wash and dry (on the hottest cycle possible) all bedding in the home, including the pet’s bedding and stuffed toys. Leave the beds stripped.
- Pets must be on a reputable flea program before we come out (ex: Frontline, Advantage, Harts). Proof of this program may be required by the technician for our services to be guaranteed.
- Animals should be removed from the home for 1-2 hours during and after service. Birds, due to their small respiratory systems, should be removed from the home for 24-48 hours. Fish aquariums should be covered with saran wrap and the filtration system turned off for 1-2 hours to prevent the product from getting into the water and harming the fish.
- Children should be out of the home for 1-2 hours during and after service or until the product dries.
Aapex Pest Control uses a 3 step product application:
- Aerosol mist to floor surfaces
- Crack and crevice spray to baseboards
- Dusting to the underside of furniture, cushions and box springs
On the first day of service, you will see an 80% knock down of flea activity. The remaining 20% of flea activity may be seen for a period of up to 2 weeks. These are eggs hatching that were laid previous to our service and once emerged, the fleas will be eliminated by the products we have already applied.
- Windows and doors can be left open after the service is complete.
- Wipe down hard surfaces such as countertops, tables and any other food prep areas.
- No bare feet or skin on the treated surfaces for 48 hours.
- Wait 2 days and then vacuum every other day for two weeks. Seal vacuum contents in double plastic bags and discard outside immediately. If the home is vacant, vacuuming still needs to be done as directed due to the flea’s life cycle.
- DO NOT steam clean or wash hard surfaced floors until no more flea activity is seen.